Wednesday, February 11, 2015

How To Handle The Reader

When writing, I always have to think of the reader. Is what I am writing going to captivate the reader? Are the going to like it? Will the understand the message I am trying to portray? Will they even finish reading the material? With all these questions running around in my head, I have to stop and think about how get a good handle on my reader. I think about who I want to read what I have written. What audience am I trying to target? When that is figured out, I will cater what I have written to the general likes and minds of the target audience.  I believe an explosive introduction is key. I cant tell you how many times I've read  a few pages of a book and get so lost in what I am reading, I just give up. Getting the reader to think is also another I handle my reader to get them to do what I am what them to do and that is read what I have written,



1 comment:

  1. That is very true having a powerful introduction will make readers want to continue reading. I also sometimes get lost reading certain material and give up because I don't understand it. You definetly have to ask the questions you posted because it can help target the audience.. Nice post

    ReplyDelete