Monday, February 23, 2015

What Grinds My Gears....

One thing I can say that irks my nerves more than others is people that text and drive. OMG!!!!!

It is absolutely one of the most dumbest things someone can do. What is so important that you must put yourself and others in serious harm way?

I rode with my youngest sister to Orlando and back this past Saturday. She is a serious texter. I had to close my eyes halfway through the trip. She kept doing it. She was having this ongoing conversation with her best friend. Why couldn't she just CALL her and talk to her is mind boggling. She ran off the road twice and when she almost did the 3rd time, I was about two seconds from punching her in the nose. Even when she ran off into the shoulder, she never put the phone down. Her position in the car from West Palm Beach to Orlando was one hand on wheel, one hand has phone in it, and head tilted down. I was about to lose my mind.

I asked her if she drives like this with my nephew in the car and she insists NO. I know that was a darn lie! 

I drove on the way back. It was the safest way to keep me from dying or going to jail for murder. Why do people do it? I know everyone has seen the videos of people dying from texting while driving. I guess I will never know. It is never that serious and I have two children and a husband I like to get home to every night.

The ironic thing about the trip is, my mom and dad are kicking her off their insurance in May and she wants to get on mine. I WAS thinking about it....


NOT ANYMORE!!!

4 comments:

  1. My brother and stepdad do this all the time... I refuse to let them drive when I'm in the car

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your writer's voice in this post is what some would called pissed off and i can see where you coming from.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...I have never heard of such a experience like that.In my personal experience I try to avoid even talking by phone because that can wait,I understand sometimes we need to communicate while driving by that's too much.Now I am really scared because the problem is bigger than I thought ....Its a kind of compulsion....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Texting and driving drives me Nuts! I totaly can see how this grinds your gears as it grinds mine to!!

    ReplyDelete