My mom always told me to never lend money that you can not afford to miss. I kept this saying near and dear in my mind and have used it time and time again. I recently bought concert tickets for the a concert coming in August for my friends and my husband. I bought 6 in total. 2 for my and my husband 2 for my two of my friends, and the other two for one of my friends and her boyfriend.... Everyone has paid me back except for the one friend and her boyfriend. We have been friends for years!!! And I do consider her like family! We rarely ever argue and have had minimal disagreements.
This issue is slowly becoming a wedge between us. I don't want it to but like anyone in this world, I don't play about my money either. When I told everyone the price of the tickets, she chimed in with the okay and said she would pay me that weekend. That weekend was 2 weeks ago. She informed a week after ticket purchase that she was tight financially and I was somewhat sympathetic to her issue. I was more baffled than concerned. My friend and her boyfriend both work full time jobs with GREAT salaries, no kids, and her house was inherited. But still I was a tad sympathetic. That sympathy left my body when she went and spent $300 on a tattoo that covers majority of her thigh AND had the audacity to send me like 15 pics of it.
Did you ask me can you spend my money on a tattoo??
I have nicely told her this weekend that I would need my money by the end of the week or her tickets would be sold. I do not think I am being unfair. Who doesn't pay for their stuff??? No one likes owing anybody anything. She knows I have a new house, two kids, etc. etc. Am I hurting over the $200? Not at all. But I do want my money. It is mine!
Am I being mean??
I don't think so!
I totally understand your point. I would rather give what i have to help than lend money i can't get back.
ReplyDeleteI don't think you're being mean at all. That is totally wrong of her to go and spend money like that on a tattoo when she said she would pay her part. I never go out of my way for people that I cant trust and its a shame you lost trust and possibly a friendship over money.
ReplyDeleteI am completely agree with you
ReplyDelete