So I read the short story by Edgar Allen Poe , The Fall of the House of Usher. We all know that Poe's writing was always a little dark and a little twisted. A quick synopsis shows a guy who went to a friend's house and the friend's sister is dead, but not really. A lot of creepy paranormal stuff goes on and it is as if the house is alive and in the end both the friend and the friend's sister is dead and the house dissipates.
I really wasn't into the story so much. It reminded me of the sixth sense movie. The little boy is really creepy and sees some crazy stuff and dead people. Bruce Willis is following him around and in the end we find out the Bruce Willis has been dead all this time ..... Eh! I'm not really into paranormal stories.
Back on subject! The themes I got from the movie was mortality, mental illness, and rising from the dead.... Resurrection if you must. Roderick was a hypochondriac. The sister was dead the ENTIRE time, but was walking around the house and stuff freaking me out.
What was so interesting was the calmness and overall demeanor of the narrator. He was calm and so willing to help his friend and cheer him up, even though this entire situation was Frrrreeeeaaakkky
A little creepy if you ask me but hey.... It is Edgar Allen Poe.
No comments:
Post a Comment